Thanks to all those who completed our 2016 survey. Below we provide some key findings from the survey as well as our initial response to these findings. Please feel free to provide further feedback by emailing me at Let’s keep this discussion going!
Number of respondents: 87
- There was a wide range of respondents in terms of sectors and geographical areas
- The high percentage of existing members responding with either 1-5 years of membership and 5 years + show that members are engaged and willing to provide feedback to the Board
- There was a very impressive response in terms of those willing to support SLA Europe (75%) by writing a blog, organising an event etc.
- The website was popular with members with almost 70% using it
- Members rated the conference and webinars as particularly useful to them
- 40% have attended events with 10% having attended three or more. However, a larger percentage has not yet attended any events.
- Lack of events outside London was cited as the key reason for non-attendance
- Timing of events and relevance were cited by a small number as factors that discouraged them from attending
Suggestions for improvement
- More events to be held outside London/UK
- A greater use of webinars
- Alternative topics
- More promotion of events
- Alternative timing of events
What your Board intends to do:
- Work with volunteers to develop a wider range of activities across both the UK and within Europe
- Explore options for piloting webinar-based events
- Look at adopting a more varied events programme which might include visits and social activities as well as seminars which are also less labour-intensive for the board
- Consider as a longer term option a European conference for members