Ewrop CLG 2021 ECCA Application Guidelines
ECCA Application Manylion
Y 2021 Gyrfa Cynnar Gwobr Cynhadledd (ECCA) has two places available, one of which will be sponsored by the Legal Community and the other by the Academic Community.
For students, the Award will also cover the cost of one-year SLA membership, including membership of the Europe Community and Legal Community or Academic Community (if applicable).
Applicants are required to submit their entry via our application form, with their supporting documents uploaded.
2021 ECCA Prize
Bydd y Wobr yn caniatáu i enillwyr i fynychu'r 2021 virtualCynhadledd Flynyddol CLG (11-13 August for live sessions, with additional asynchronous education sessions).
Award winners will also be paired with a mentor from the sponsoring Community, as well as a mentor from SLA Europe. We will notify winner(s) of the relevant contact details for their mentors prior to attending the conference.
ECCA applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria noted below. Applicants should also note the ECCA Legal Community requirements which detail required participation at certain events during the SLA Conference.
Rhaid i ymgeiswyr fod:
- a current member of SLA and the SLA Europe Community (or be willing to join if successful)
- an information professional living and working in Europe
- have less than five years experience or within their first 5 years of post-qualification
- OR a student enrolled in a European Library and Information Science (LIS) rhaglen (undergraduate or postgraduate) yn ystod y 2020-21 flwyddyn academaidd
- OR participant in a recognised LIS training position, megis swyddi dan hyfforddiant i raddedigion, neu beidio ysgoloriaethau / interniaethau sy'n para llai na 1 flwyddyn
- first-time attendees at an SLA annual conference
- able to communicate in written and spoken English
- in possession of up-to-date travel documents required for entry into the USA (h.y. pasbort cyfredol, ildiad fisa, ac ati)
- interested in a career in special librarianship, gorau oll ym meysydd un neu fwy o'r ddau Is-adrannau yn cyd-noddi'r Gwobrau â CLG Ewrop
Dyddiad Cau Cais
Applications have now closed for this year’s ECCAs.
ECCA Application Requirements
Bydd angen 3 ddogfennau i wneud cais am y 2021 Gyrfa Cynnar Gwobr Cynhadledd (ECCA):
- current CV/resume
- a letter of recommendation
Dylai pob dogfen fod yn Saesneg. Dylai dogfennau cais ddangos eich bodloni'r meini prawf cymhwysedd ar gyfer y wobr. Applicants should submit their documents using our application form and accepted formats include: doc, Docx ac pdf.
ECCA applicants are required to write a three part statement, with a total maximum of 1500 geiriau.
Tell us why you chose to pursue a career in LIS and why you might want to pursue a career in the area of your chosen SLA Community.
Dewiswch dwy sesiwn cynhadledd ddiwethaf o'r rhestr isod a dywedwch wrthym pam y byddech yn dewis mynychu. Trafodwch beth fwyd parod yn eich barn chi y byddwch yn ei gael allan o'r sesiynau, a sut y byddech yn rhannu'r gwersi a ddysgwyd gydag eraill.
- Killing Sacred Cows: Using Data to Evaluate and Manage Library Services (CLG 2019)
- What Next? Identifying Your Encore Career Choices with Lifestyle Preferences (CLG 2019)
- Practical Applications of AI in Law Firms (CLG 2019)
- Building the Emotionally Intelligent Workplace: Ways to Improve the Self, Others, and Overall (CLG 2019)
- Preparing for the Worst, Hoping for the Best: Cynllunio Trychineb 101 for Information Professionals (CLG 2017)
Tell us what you anticipate getting out of the conference and what impact you think this award will have on you personally and/or professionally.
Current CV / Ail-ddechrau
ECCA applicants should include a copy of their current CV/resume with the following details:
- your current postal address
- your email addresses
- your current telephone/mobile number
ECCA applicants should also include a letter a recommendation, which details why you would be a good candidate for this award.
Caiff yr argymhelliad yn dod oddi wrth eich goruchwyliwr yn y gwaith, neu gydweithiwr proffesiynol nad yn eich gweithle eich hun, neu, os ydych yn fyfyriwr, from a lecturer or faculty advisor from your course. We have some advice for referees and applicants in completing this particular section.
Manteision o dderbyn y Wobr
Previous ECCA award winners thoroughly enjoyed their experience of attending the SLA Conference and their ongoing participation in SLA communities.
Since the award’s inception, we have received various feedback on the benefits of applying for this award – we have included some of these points below:
- Mae ennill persbectif ehangu ar opsiynau gyrfa drwy fynychu digwyddiadau Rhaglen y gynhadledd a chyfarfod llyfrgell a gwybodaeth gweithwyr proffesiynol profiadol yn y Gynhadledd
- Dysgu am nifer o gynhyrchion a gwasanaethau ar gyfer y farchnad LIS drwy ymweld â stondinau o arddangoswyr yn y Gynhadledd yn cyd-fynd INFO-EXPO
- Receiving professional recognition from SLA Europe members and the co-sponsoring SLA Community. Byddant hefyd yn cael eu cyflwyno yn y Dderbynfa Rhyngwladol a Derbyniad Dechreuwyr, as well as at Community events
- Ennill gwelededd eang drwy gyhoeddusrwydd rhyngwladol a ledaenir gan CLG, Ewrop CLG, the co-sponsoring SLA Community, a noddwyr y diwydiant i gyd cyflwyno enillwyr ECCA i'r gymuned gwybodaeth
- Mae gallu teithio i Ogledd America a chwrdd gwybodaeth proffesiynol o bob rhan o'r byd
- Datblygu eu sgiliau proffil a chyhoeddusrwydd-chwilio broffesiynol drwy ysgrifennu erthyglau ar gyfer CLG
ECCA Winner Requirements
Successfully ECCA winners are required to undertake certain duties and responsibilities as part of their award.
For the winner being sponsored by this year’s chosen Community, there will be further attendance and participation in certain sessions and events will be required as part of the award.
I 2021, this is the Legal Community and we have listed their requirements separately.
Yn ystod y gynhadledd
During the SLA Conference, the winner(s) should attend the International Reception and the First Timers Reception.
Ar ôl y gynhadledd
Ar ôl y 2021 Cynhadledd SLA, the award winner(s) will be expected to write two short articles in English on what they learned at the Conference.
The first article, anelu tuag at aelodaeth SLA Ewrop, yn cael ei gyhoeddi ar y CLG Ewrop blog.
The second article will be published in the blog/newsletter of the SLA Community co-sponsoring them and geared to that readership.
The award winner(s) will also be given the opportunity to stay in touch with their mentors, plus opportunities to get involved with the work of the CLG Ewrop Bwrdd.
Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiynau, cysylltwch â'r am ragor o wybodaeth.