SLA Europe 2021 ECCA Retningslinjer Ansøgning
ECCA Application Detaljer
Den 2021 Tidlig karriere Conference Award (ECCA) has two places available, one of which will be sponsored by the Legal Community and the other by the Academic Community.
For students, the Award will also cover the cost of one-year SLA membership, including membership of the Europe Community and Legal Community or Academic Community (if applicable).
Applicants are required to submit their entry via our application form, with their supporting documents uploaded.
2021 ECCA Prize
Prisen vil give vindere til at deltage i 2021 virtualSLA Annual Conference (11-13 August for live sessions, with additional asynchronous education sessions).
Award winners will also be paired with a mentor from the sponsoring Community, as well as a mentor from SLA Europe. We will notify winner(s) of the relevant contact details for their mentors prior to attending the conference.
ECCA applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria noted below. Applicants should also note the ECCA Legal Community requirements which detail required participation at certain events during the SLA Conference.
Ansøgere skal være:
- a current member of SLA and the SLA Europe Community (or be willing to join if successful)
- an information professional living and working in Europe
- have less than five years experience or within their first 5 years of post-qualification
- OR a student enrolled in a European Library and Information Science (LIS) program (undergraduate or postgraduate) under 2020-21 akademiske år
- OR participant in a recognised LIS training position, såsom praktikkurser, eller stipendier / praktikophold på ikke mindre end 1 år
- first-time attendees at an SLA annual conference
- able to communicate in written and spoken English
- in possession of up-to-date travel documents required for entry into the USA (dvs. nuværende pas, visumfritagelse, etc.)
- interested in a career in special librarianship, helst inden for et eller flere af de to divisioner medsponsor Awards med SLA Europe
Alle ansøgninger skal være modtaget senest Sunday 11th July 2021, 23:59 GMT.
ECCA Application Requirements
Du får brug for 3 dokumenter gælder for det 2021 Tidlig karriere Conference Award (ECCA):
- en erklæring
- nuværende CV / CV
- en anbefaling
Alle dokumenter skal være på engelsk. Ansøgning dokumenter skal demonstrere du opfylder kriterierne for tildeling. Applicants should submit their documents using our application form and accepted formats include: doc, docx og pdf.
ECCA applicants are required to write a three part statement, with a total maximum of 1500 ord.
Tell us why you chose to pursue a career in LIS and why you might want to pursue a career in the area of your chosen SLA Community.
Vælg to sidste konferencesessioner fra listen nedenfor og fortæl os, hvorfor du ville vælge at deltage. Tal om, hvad grillbarer du tror, du vil få ud af sessionerne, og hvordan du vil dele erfaringer med andre.
- Killing Sacred Cows: Using Data to Evaluate and Manage Library Services (SLA 2019)
- What Next? Identifying Your Encore Career Choices with Lifestyle Preferences (SLA 2019)
- Practical Applications of AI in Law Firms (SLA 2019)
- Building the Emotionally Intelligent Workplace: Ways to Improve the Self, Others, and Overall (SLA 2019)
- Preparing for the Worst, Hoping for the Best: Disaster Planning 101 for Information Professionals (SLA 2017)
Tell us what you anticipate getting out of the conference and what impact you think this award will have on you personally and/or professionally.
Current CV / CV
ECCA applicants should include a copy of their current CV/resume with the following details:
- your current postal address
- your email addresses
- your current telephone/mobile number
Brev af henstilling
ECCA applicants should also include a letter a recommendation, which details why you would be a good candidate for this award.
Henstillingen kan komme fra din vejleder på arbejdspladsen, eller en professionel kollega ikke på din egen arbejdsplads, eller, hvis du er studerende, from a lecturer or faculty advisor from your course. We have some advice for referees and applicants in completing this particular section.
Fordele ved at modtage prisen
Previous ECCA award winners thoroughly enjoyed their experience of attending the SLA Conference and their ongoing participation in SLA communities.
Since the award’s inception, we have received various feedback on the benefits of applying for this award – we have included some of these points below:
- Opnåelse et udvidet perspektiv på karrieremuligheder ved at deltage konferenceprogram begivenheder og møde krydret biblioteks- og informationsmedarbejdere på konferencen
- Læring om mange produkter og tjenester til LIS marked ved at besøge de bevoksninger af udstillere på konferencens medfølgende INFO-EXPO
- Receiving professional recognition from SLA Europe members and the co-sponsoring SLA Community. De vil også blive introduceret på den internationale modtagelse og den første timere Reception, as well as at Community events
- Få udbredt synlighed gennem international omtale formidles af SLA, SLA Europe, the co-sponsoring SLA Community, og industri sponsorer alle indføre ECCA vindere til oplysningerne samfund
- At være i stand til at rejse til Nordamerika og mødes informationssystemer fagfolk fra alle dele af kloden
- Udvikle deres faglige profil og reklame-søger færdigheder ved at skrive artikler til SLA
ECCA Winner Requirements
Successfully ECCA winners are required to undertake certain duties and responsibilities as part of their award.
For the winner being sponsored by this year’s chosen Community, there will be further attendance and participation in certain sessions and events will be required as part of the award.
For 2021, this is the Legal Community and we have listed their requirements separately.
During the SLA Conference, the winner(s) should attend the International Reception and the First Timers Reception.
Efter 2021 SLA Conference, the award winner(s) will be expected to write two short articles in English on what they learned at the Conference.
The first article, rettet mod SLA Europe medlemskab, vil blive offentliggjort på SLA Europe blog.
The second article will be published in the blog/newsletter of the SLA Community co-sponsoring them and geared to that readership.
The award winner(s) will also be given the opportunity to stay in touch with their mentors, plus opportunities to get involved with the work of the SLA Europe Board.
Hvis du har spørgsmål, bedes du kontakte den for yderligere information.