SLA Europa 2021 ECCA Søknad Retningslinjer
ECCA Application Detaljer
Den 2021 Tidlig karriere Conference Award (ECCA) has two places available, one of which will be sponsored by the Legal Community and the other by the Academic Community.
For students, the Award will also cover the cost of one-year SLA membership, including membership of the Europe Community and Legal Community or Academic Community (eventuelt).
Applicants are required to submit their entry via our application form, with their supporting documents uploaded.
2021 ECCA Prize
Merket vil tillate vinnere til å delta på 2021 virtualSLA årskonferanse (11-13 August for live sessions, med flere asynkrone utdannelsesøkter).
Award winners will also be paired with a mentor from the sponsoring Community, as well as a mentor from SLA Europe. We will notify winner(s) of the relevant contact details for their mentors prior to attending the conference.
ECCA applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria noted below. Applicants should also note the ECCA Legal Community requirements which detail required participation at certain events during the SLA Conference.
Søkere må være:
- a current member of SLA and the SLA Europe Community (or be willing to join if successful)
- an information professional living and working in Europe
- have less than five years experience or within their first 5 years of post-qualification
- OR a student enrolled in a European Library and Information Science (LIS) program (undergraduate or postgraduate) under 2020-21 studieår
- OR participant in a recognised LIS training position, som graduate trainee, eller studentships / praksisplasser varer ikke mindre enn 1 år
- first-time attendees at an SLA annual conference
- able to communicate in written and spoken English
- in possession of up-to-date travel documents required for entry into the USA (i.e. gyldig pass, visumfrihet, etc.)
- interested in a career in special librarianship, fortrinnsvis i de områdene av ett eller flere av de to divisjonene co-sponse Awards med SLA Europa
Applications have now closed for this year’s ECCAs.
ECCA Application Requirements
Du vil trenge 3 dokumenter for å søke om 2021 Tidlig karriere Conference Award (ECCA):
- en uttalelse
- current CV/resume
- a letter of recommendation
Alle dokumenter må være på engelsk. Søknadsdokumenter bør demonstrere du oppfyller kriteriene for tildeling. Applicants should submit their documents using our application form and accepted formats include: doc, docx og pdf.
ECCA applicants are required to write a three part statement, with a total maximum of 1500 ord.
Tell us why you chose to pursue a career in LIS and why you might want to pursue a career in the area of your chosen SLA Community.
Velg to siste konferansemøtene fra listen nedenfor og fortell oss hvorfor du ville velge å delta. Diskutere hva takeaways tror du du vil få ut av øktene, og hvordan du ville dele erfaringer med andre.
- Killing Sacred Cows: Using Data to Evaluate and Manage Library Services (SLA 2019)
- What Next? Identifying Your Encore Career Choices with Lifestyle Preferences (SLA 2019)
- Practical Applications of AI in Law Firms (SLA 2019)
- Building the Emotionally Intelligent Workplace: Ways to Improve the Self, Others, and Overall (SLA 2019)
- Preparing for the Worst, Hoping for the Best: Disaster Planning 101 for Information Professionals (SLA 2017)
Tell us what you anticipate getting out of the conference and what impact you think this award will have on you personally and/or professionally.
Current CV / CV
ECCA applicants should include a copy of their current CV/resume with the following details:
- your current postal address
- your email addresses
- your current telephone/mobile number
ECCA applicants should also include a letter a recommendation, which details why you would be a good candidate for this award.
Anbefalingen kan komme fra din overordnede på jobben, eller en profesjonell kollega ikke på din egen arbeidsplass, eller, hvis du er en student, from a lecturer or faculty advisor from your course. We have some advice for referees and applicants in completing this particular section.
Fordeler med å ha mottatt Award
Previous ECCA award winners thoroughly enjoyed their experience of attending the SLA Conference and their ongoing participation in SLA communities.
Since the award’s inception, we have received various feedback on the benefits of applying for this award – we have included some of these points below:
- Å få et utvidet perspektiv på karriere alternativer ved å delta på konferansen programhendelser og møte erfarne bibliotek- og informasjons fagfolk på konferansen
- Lære om mange produkter og tjenester for LIS-markedet ved å besøke stands av utstillerne på konferansen i medfølgende INFO-EXPO
- Receiving professional recognition from SLA Europe members and the co-sponsoring SLA Community. De vil også bli innført ved den internasjonale resepsjonen og First Timers Resepsjon, as well as at Community events
- Få utbredt synlighet gjennom internasjonal publisitet distribuert av SLA, SLA Europa, the co-sponsoring SLA Community, og bransje sponsorer innføre vinnere ECCA til informasjonssamfunnet
- Å være i stand til å reise til Nord-Amerika og møte informasjons fagfolk fra alle deler av verden
- Utvikle sin faglige profil og publisitet søkende ferdigheter ved å skrive artikler for SLA
ECCA Winner Requirements
Successfully ECCA winners are required to undertake certain duties and responsibilities as part of their award.
For the winner being sponsored by this year’s chosen Community, there will be further attendance and participation in certain sessions and events will be required as part of the award.
For 2021, this is the Legal Community and we have listed their requirements separately.
During the SLA Conference, the winner(s) should attend the International Reception and the First Timers Reception.
Etter 2021 SLA Conference, the award winner(s) will be expected to write two short articles in English on what they learned at the Conference.
The first article, rettet mot SLA Europa medlemskap, vil bli publisert på SLA Europa bloggen.
The second article will be published in the blog/newsletter of the SLA Community co-sponsoring them and geared to that readership.
The award winner(s) will also be given the opportunity to stay in touch with their mentors, plus opportunities to get involved with the work of the SLA Europa Board.
Hvis du har noen spørsmål, vennligst kontakt for ytterligere informasjon.