LMD/SLA Europe Mid-Career International Travel Grant
LMD and SLA Europe believe strongly in advancing the development of information professionals’ leadership and management abilities regardless of where they are in the world.
We understand that funding might be a significant barrier to attend the SLA annual conference for members of our community residing outside of North America. A travel grant of $2000 is offered to provide financial support to attend the2020 SLA Annual Conference in Charlotte NC from 6-9th June 2020.
SLA Europe and SLA Leadership & Management Division (LMD) are excited to announce an opportunity for one mid-career professional to receive a $2,000 grant to attend the 2020 SLA: n vuosikonferenssi Charlottessa,,en,ajat ja sijainnit,,en, North Carolina.
This grant, designed to reduce the barriers of attending the conference for those living outside of North America, represents a new partnership by the two communities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current member of SLA and LMD
- Must be an SLA member living or working in Europe,
- Must have more than five years of experience in the field
- Must not have won the LMD Career Advancement Award nor the SLA Europe Early Careers Conference Award within the last five years
An applicant MUST BE a current member of SLA and LMD. Proof of membership (ts.. membership number) must be included in the application. The Awards Committee reserves the right to disqualify applcants who do not fulfil this requirement. LMD Board Members, and LMD members running for SLA-wide office in the year of nomination are not eligible. The travel grant may not be sufficient to meet all expenses of attending the conference and applicants are advised to plan and budget accordingly.
We ask for a 2-part application in English, and a commitment post conference:
- CV/résumé: Include a copy of your most current CV/résumé with your current postal and email addresses as well as a current telephone number, and SLA membership number.
- A cover letter explaining your objectives for the conference and how you will benefit.
- You will be asked to write an article after the conference to reflect on how these objectives were met.