Every year, SLA Europe recognises the accomplishments of individuals working within the profession. The awards reward the winner(s) with opportunities to showcase their level of professional commitment and development.
About the Mid-Career Award
The purpose of the Mid-Career Award is to provide the opportunity for those who have settled within their career to attend the SLA Annual Conference, ja hyödyntää verkostoitumisen mahdollisuuksia SLA ja SLA Euroopassa tarjoavat.
The Mid-Career Award is administered by the Leadership and Management Development (LMD) ja SLA Euroopassa community and is open to individuals with more than five years of post-qualification in the LIS sector.
2021 Mid-Career Award
The Leadership and Management Development (LMD) and SLA Europe community believes strongly in advancing the development of information professionals’ leadership and management abilities.
Varten 2021 Mid-Career Award and in light of the changes to the annual conference, LMD is reopening applications for the Career Advancement Award with modified rules for this year’s August virtual conference.
We are pleased to offer four Mid-Career Awards to the virtual SLA Conference, which will be from 4 ja 13 August 2021.
Applications for the Mid-Career Awards close on July 19thand winners will be notified by26heinäkuuta.
The Mid-Career Award Prize
The winners of the award will be able to attend the virtual SLA Annual Conference, usually held in the United States, with the costs covering the conference registration and one year SLA membership.
In the absence of travel costs, the award will be expanded for up to four recipients from Europe. Recipients will also receive one year of LMD sponsored SLA membership.
The award includes:
- one full conference registration (paid for by LMD)
- one year of SLA membership (paid for by LMD)
Benefits of receiving the award
Previous award winners report that in addition to thoroughly enjoying their experience of attending and networking at the SLA conference and feeling supported in their on-going participation in SLA, they also:
- Gained a broadened perspective on the many careers a Library and Information Science (LIS) degree offers by attending conference program events and by meeting other seasoned library and information professionals at the conference.
- Received professional recognition from LMD members through introduction at the LMD Annual Business Meeting.
- Gained widespread visibility through publicity disseminated by SLA, LMD, and industry sponsors all introducing the recipient to the information community.
- Developed their professional profile and publicity skills by writing articles for SLA blogs.
Applicants who are already SLA members must also be members of LMD and SLA Europe.
To join LMD and SLA Europe, login to your SLA account, click My Account to get to your member dashboard, and then select “Edit My Units” to add the communities you wish to join. If already logged in, click on Access Membership, then Manage Your Membership to reach the dashboard.
Applicants who are not SLA members yet are not required to be an SLA member or member of LMD at the time of award application, but will become SLA members as part of their prize and must then become LMD and SLA Europe members. LMD Board Members and LMD members running for SLA-wide office in the year of nomination are not eligible for nomination.
Please submit your application to the LMD Awards Committee via this form: https://bit.ly/SLAmidCareer2021
We invite applicants who are students or information professionals with more than five years of post-qualification in the LIS sector.
Applicants who already applied before the move to a virtual conference can choose to be considered for the modified award or roll their application over to the next physical conference.
Hakijoiden on oltava:
- an information professional living and working in Europe
- first-time attendees at the SLA annual conference
- able to communicate in written and spoken English
- are SLA members in good standing (current SLA Europe members must also be members of LMD) or intend to become SLA members if selected for the award
We ask for a two-part application in English:
Include a copy of your most current CV/résumé with your current postal and email addresses as well as a current telephone number, and SLA membership number (if applicable).
If you are already a member of SLA, please also include your membership renewal date so that we can pay for your next membership year.
2. Statement of interest
Include a statement of approximately 300 words on why you want to attend the conference. Statements of award winners may be shared on LMD’s webpage, Connect forum, or other communication channels to promote the winners and the SLA conference.
*Note: The requirements from previous years to submit a proposal for an LMD Learning or outreach initiative and submit a letter of recommendation are being suspended for this year due to the short timeline for applications.
Participation during and after the conference
- The award recipients will attend two LMD conference sponsored events.
- The award recipients will attend two LMD non-conference events during the year.
- After the SLA conference within 2 kk, the award recipients will be expected to write an article in English on what they learned at the conference. It will be distributed via the LMD and SLA Europe Connect site and on LMD’s and SLA Europe’s website.
- The award recipients are encouraged to volunteer with LMD during their year of LMD sponsored membership.
Jos sinulla on kysyttävää, please contact the LMD Awards Committee at LMDHonors [piste] SLA [at] outlook [piste] kanssa